Why Inner Peace & Relaxation Is The Root For Everything Else
In this day and age life moves at such a fast pace, we hardly have a moment to breathe. We are so busy running from A to B, trying to accomplish as much as possible with what little time we have.
It's all about keeping up...
Responsibilities, commitments and daily chores - a never ending perpetual cycle. Relaxation is nothing but a pipe dream - a far cry from reality for most of us.
So is it any wonder that we are constantly stressed out and our minds are consistently full of anxiety and worry? Trying to relax and simply switch off can be impossible as our brain continues to tick, tick, tick away like an incessant clock.
'Inner peace? What's that then?' you may ask. 'I am too busy and have too many other more important things to do - I don't have time for all that stuff!'. Sound familiar?
First of all, can I remind you that YOU are the most important factor in all of the above? Without you, nothing would get done or be achieved.
Is it not only fair that you should have some 'you time' every now and then?
In fact, what I am about to share with you will not only help you to see things differently. It will also enable you to get more of the results you want in your life quicker and with far less hardship.
How To Achieve Instant Inner Peace
Inner peace is to have:
- feel a sense of contentment
- happiness and restfulness.
In short - a calm and quiet mind.
I can guarantee that just 15 minutes a day, (at whatever time is best for you), to just stop and relax will make the world of difference to your overall mood, energy and motivational levels. Research also shows that inner peace and happiness actually go hand in hand with each other. The more you practice the more inner peace and tranquility you will experience on a daily basis. Fact.
For a super effective relaxation method, try the following exercise.
Find a quiet place where you will not be disturbed or distracted (I've had to lock myself away and hide at times to ensure this!) 🙂
- Sit down and close your eyes
- Breathe deeply in through your nose and out through your mouth. Repeat this at least several times
- As you do try to clear your mind and imagine that you are breathing all of the stress and tension out from your body. I recommend that you try to picture yourself in a beautiful, tranquil place such as on a deserted beach or on a mountain top. Go with whatever comes naturally to you - allow your mind to take you wherever you want to go.
- Now, take and drink in everything around you... the sights, the sounds, the feelings and sensations you experience. How do you feel? Are you happy and peaceful? How does your body feel? Do you notice any aches or pains, tightness or tension in a specific area? Breathe into it and imagine it being healed.
- Spend at least 5-10 minutes just enjoying the environment you are in and focusing on you and your body. This is your magical time and space to do whatever you choose. Try to keep your mind as quiet as possible. Do not fight what thoughts enter your head, but do not pay too much attention to them - just do your best to let them come and drift away again. Focus mainly on your breathing and the special place you are imagining yourself in.
- Once you are feeling more relaxed and ready to come back to the present moment, slowly count to 10 and open your eyes.
This is one of the most basic exercises you can do to achieve deep relaxation. When you first start to practice be kind and patient with yourself. There is no right or wrong way to do it. The main goal is to relax your body and calm your mind.
If you have any questions or would like more relaxation tips please feel free to contact me directly.
You can also check out my video on YouTube 7 Top Tips For Self Love for more ideas!