Why inner peace & relaxation is the basis for everything else
In this day and age life moves at such a fast pace, most people hardly have a moment to breathe. They're so busy running from A to B, trying to accomplish as much as possible with what little time they have.
It's all about keeping up... and then moving onto the next big thing. So is it any wonder that the average person is consistently stressed out with a mind full of anxiety and worry? Feeling uncertain about the future and fearful of not achieving our goals creates this and can become a self-fulfilling prophecy.
This used to be my way of living until I found a better approach that was far more in alignment with the person I wanted to become. Read all about that here
For years though, trying to relax and switch off felt impossible as my brain continued to tick, tick, tick away like an incessant clock with all the things I needed to do.
"Inner peace? What's that then?" I wondered when I first heard of it. "I'm too busy and have too many other more important things to do - I don't have time for all that stuff!"
That was until I realised that I was missing a trick. One which would enable me to achieve far more in a way which felt a lot more enjoyable...
As a matter of fact - I didn't NOT have time to find some much needed inner peace and relaxation. My life felt like it was falling apart at the seams (causing unnecessary overwhelm) unless I made some drastic changes. And that had to start with me, myself and I.
What I had failed to understand for so long was that it's us (you and I ) who need to be on top form in order to be more successful and productive. We're the ones in the driver's seat of our own lives right? We're steering the ship and making all the decisions from moment to moment.
So if we're not working, nothing else will. The Universe will only give back to us what we are putting out.
That was a huge breakthrough for me. And it may be for you too...
Because guess what - you're the most important factor in the whole process of the reality you're creating. Without you, nothing would get done or be achieved.
So what I'm about to share will not only help you to see things differently. It will also enable you to get better results in a fraction of the time and with far less strain and struggle. And yes, on a consistent, daily basis.
How to achieve instant inner peace
Inner peace equals:
In short - a calm and quiet mind that knows what to do and how no matter what the circumstances. Sound good?
Watch the video below for a quick exercise you can do to connect with your place of inner peace instantly. Alternatively you can keep on reading for a written breakdown of the same exercise 🙂
I can guarantee that just 15 minutes a day, (at whatever time is best for you), to just stop and relax will make the world of difference to your overall mood, energy and motivational levels. Research also shows that inner peace and happiness actually go hand in hand with each other. The more you practice the more inner peace and tranquility you will experience daily.
For a super effective relaxation method, try the following exercise.
Find a quiet place where you will not be disturbed or distracted (I've had to lock myself away and hide at times to ensure this!)
- Sit down and close your eyes
- Breathe deeply in through your nose and out through your mouth. Repeat this at least several times
- As you do try to clear your mind and imagine that you are breathing all of the stress and tension out from your body. I recommend that you try to picture yourself in a beautiful, tranquil place such as on a deserted beach or on a mountain top. Go with whatever comes naturally to you - allow your mind to take you wherever you want to go.
- Now, take and drink in everything around you... the sights, the sounds, the feelings and sensations you experience. How do you feel? Are you happy and peaceful? How does your body feel? Do you notice any aches or pains, tightness or tension in a specific area? Breathe into it and imagine it being healed.
- Spend at least 5-10 minutes just enjoying the environment you are in and focusing on you and your body. This is your magical time and space to do whatever you choose. Try to keep your mind as quiet as possible. Do not fight what thoughts enter your head, but do not pay too much attention to them - just do your best to let them come and drift away again. Focus mainly on your breathing and the special place you are imagining yourself in.
- Once you are feeling more relaxed and ready to come back to the present moment, slowly count to 10 and open your eyes.
This is one of the most basic exercises you can do to achieve deep relaxation. When you first start to practice be kind and patient with yourself. There is no right or wrong way to do it. The main goal is to relax your body and calm your mind.
I hope it serves you well moving forward.
Love & Light,
PS: If you have any questions or would like to share your own thoughts (or tips) about inner peace and relaxation please feel free to leave your comments below.
Also check out my popular video on YouTube 7 Top Tips For Self Love for more ideas on how to create more inner peace and love in your life!